Sunday, May 14, 2017

Create a Classroom Setup Kit


One of the best ideas I had a few years ago was to create a kit of all the necessary supplies I would need to get my classroom set up in August.  There is nothing worse than coming back ready to get your classroom organized and decorated and not being able to find the tape or stapler you need.

This is a list of what I have in my kit.  I have been doing this for a few years now so I just edit my list whenever I add something new to it.  Most items fit into a small storage box.  The paper cutter and cardstock/paper get stored in a separate container.


  • Create a Classroom Set Up Kit:
    • Scissors
    • Stapler
    • Staples
    • Staple Remover
    • Masking Tape
    • Painters Tape
    • Double Sided Tape
    • Glue Stick (keep in plastic bag)
    • Goo Gone
    • Cotton Balls
    • Ruler
    • Fishing Wire
    • Push Pins
    • String
    • Paper Punch
    • Paper Clips
    • Magnets
    • Magnetic Tape
    • Post-Its
    • Pencil
    • Black Marker
    • Quart Freezer Bags
    • Gallon Freezer Bags
    • Fiskars Cutter
    • Astrobrights Cardstock
    • Astrobrights Paper


Everything fits in this Sterlite container except the paper cutter, freezer bags, and paper/cardstock

Every adhesive you can think of 

Magnets for displaying items on my chalkboard

Stapler and push pins

Scissors, ruler, pencils, eraser, black markers, paper punch, mini flashlight, chalk, and paper clips

I make sure I put this kit into a safe place where I will be able to access it immediately.  I have a wall cabinet that I store everything I need for the beginning of the school year.  That way nothing important gets misplaced or goes missing.  When I come back in August all excited to get my classroom set up I don't have to hunt around for the supplies I need.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Feel free to email me at luvbcd@yahoo.com with any questions you have.