Saturday, March 1, 2014

Currently March 2014

I am linking up with Farley for her March Currently.



I am listening to Spongebob not by choice, but by default of waking up after my two youngest boys today.  I slept until 7:20 AM which is sleeping in for me.

I am loving my math workshop delivery model.  I really cannot say enough about how much I am loving it and how well it is going with my students.  I have really had some epiphanies lately about workshop that have made it go more smoothly.  I just want to let all you middle school math teachers know that workshop is not just for elementary.  I feel my students are getting much more targeted instruction to what they need individually.  Small group work time is going so well and I am impressed by my students every day.  I also love pulling small groups to work on targeted skills/concepts.  I need to start doing some math workshop blog posts.  I have so much to share.

When I think about the fact that Spring Break is only two weeks ago I have a hard time believing it.  Our break is ALWAYS the week after Easter except for this year.  I have no idea why our district changed the dates of break, but I am not happy about it at all.  The kids will be getting Spring Fever a month earlier than they should this year and it's going to make for a LONG 4th quarter.

I want Winter to exit the building.  This has been a brutal winter in WI (and most of the US).  We had a record four cold days in January.  Fortunately because of our super long school day with kids we don't have to make up any time.  YAY!  Our HS has to start 10 min early starting this coming Monday to make up the time.  I drop my son (who is a freshman) off most mornings so we will now be leaving at 6:50.  YIKES!

I really need a new blog design.  If you know of anyone reasonable and reliable please let me know.  Every time I find someone who looks promising it seems like they are months out from being able to design.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  I also need a spa day.  Full on massage, facial, mani, and pedi.  I am really carrying a lot of stress in my neck/shoulders lately.  Teaching is STRESSFUL!

$332.76 is the amount of items I currently have sitting in my Amazon cart.  Most of them are books, a mix of professional and just for fun.  I also have some tea cups for our Keurig.  I will be placing some sort of order today because my youngest wants to order a Webkinz.  I assure you my total won't be $332.67.  Must move some things to saved for later.



4 comments:

  1. I'm so curious about that last one! I love that it's a question mark because it makes us wonder!
    Create-abilities

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Spring Break is only 1 week away. I too dislike it so early.

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this has been one brutal, way too long winter! I bet your students just love math workshop time. The one thing I know from my years of teaching and counseling in middle school is that they are just little kids at heart with bigger bodies and more hormones!
    I hope you have a great spring break! I bought a premade blog template from Dreamlike Magic for one of my blogs as an inexpensive option because I don't blog there often. It was installed the next day.

    Jeannine
    Creative Lesson Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I have so many things sitting in my Amazon cart also! I always move it from my Save for Later area to my cart and then back again. It's an ever going musical chairs silly routine and I never end up purchasing any of it. I nominated you for a Sunshine Blogger Award today on my blog! Feel free to stop by and check out the details. :)
    ~Heather
    Loose Shoelaces

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Feel free to email me at luvbcd@yahoo.com with any questions you have.