Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Minds on Mathematics Workshop Weekly Twitter Chat- Tues 7-8 PM CST.


Minds on Mathematics Book Study

Last Tuesday night we had our first twitter chat discussing what we learned during our summer book study of Wendy Ward Hoffer's Minds on Mathematics Using Math Workshop to Develop Deep Understanding in Grades 4-8

We had a great discussion about our plans for implementing Minds on Math workshop this school year.  It was great to share ideas and links with each other.  I encourage you all to join our Twitter chat on Tues evenings if you can.  We follow #momathchat.  The plan is to keep chatting weekly so we can share our ideas and help each other as we actually start teaching with this workshop model in our classrooms.  If you did not get a chance to participate in our book study this summer,  you are still invited to participate in the chat.  The more the merrier!

2 comments:

  1. So what's the your feedback on the book?! I missed the Twitter chat and I work part-time at Barnes & Noble so if it's worthwhile I'll definitely snag it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Twitter chat! Let's try to continue it as we go through the year!
    Michele

    Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Feel free to email me at luvbcd@yahoo.com with any questions you have.