Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Checklist for Preparing for School

Is anyone else out there as shocked as I was this morning to wake up and realize that today is August 1st?  YIKES!  Where on earth has my summer gone?  This checklist is not meant to be a one size fits all generic checklist for any teacher.  I copied and paste my actual checklist out of google docs and fancied it up a bit on powerpoint.  It will give you a general idea of what to think about when creating your own checklist of preparing for the start of school.  I find that having a checklist keeps me motivated and on target when I go into my classroom to get it set up.  I am also able to maximize my time, by doing some things at home (like cutting out laminated items).  What is on your back to school to do list?  For those of you who have *GASP* already started school, what tips do you have for starting the school year off smoothly?







2 comments:

  1. When I woke up yesterday I was shocked that my students were coming to school!! Ahhhh...and the exhaustion has set in. Love your lists - I cannot believe I didn't decorate my door! What?!? When I realized? Open house! :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! My list. My list haunts me. I haven't even made a complete list because I know it will give me a panic attack. I've settled for a fire list of about ten hings that I can't stop thinking about. I also bought a pretty new spiral notebook to start brain dumping things as they occur to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Feel free to email me at luvbcd@yahoo.com with any questions you have.