Sunday, April 1, 2012

Survey Says Linky Party

I am linking up with Fifth Grade Rocks for an easy survey.  I have once again neglected my blog due to the insanity that is my life.  Answering someone else's questions is an easy way for me to jump back in to blogging.  Join in!


1.  Are you married, do you have a bf, or are you flying free as a single lady/man?
Married to my wonderful husband Greg for 15 years this July 26th! 

2.  Where did you grow up?

I grew up in Southeastern WI in a small town north of Milwaukee.  I went to college at UW-Eau Claire and have taught in the same school district in a suburb of Milwaukee for over 20 years.  

3.  Do you have any pets?  If so, what kind and what is his/her name?

N to the O!  All the guys in this house want a dog, but mommy has the final word on that one and it is a definite NO.

4. What is a favorite tv show you are embarrassed to admit to watching?

I am not really embarrassed to admit watching anything, OH WAIT, I am embarrassed that I watch the morally bankrupt Kardashian clan.  I put my foot down on Khloe and Lamar this season and stopped watching because it seemed like s0ft c0re p0rn.  YUCK!

5.  Are you a saver or a spender?
Really both.  I only buy things I can afford and have the money for, but I really am a binge shopper.  When I go shopping I will spend several hundred dollars at once.

6.  What is your favorite children's book?

All of a Kind series by Sydney Taylor.  These books seriously made me want to live in the olden days and be jewish.

7.  Were you the class clown, teacher's pet, or neither?
Probably closer to the teacher's pet for some teachers, but definitely not all!

8.  Who is your favorite athletic team?
WI Badgers and Green Bay Packers.  I used to LOVE the Pittsburgh Pirates back in the early 90s when Andy VanSlyke was on the team and I even bought a Pirates jersey!

9.  Where did you go on your last REALLY fun vacation?
We went to Chicago for a weekend in February and had a blast with the boys.  Anytime we go somewhere as a family we have a blast.

10.  Who is your favorite actor?  Actress?
I think Alec Baldwin is a comic genius and I actually think Zoey Deschanel is hysterical.  Love her new show New Girl.  I watch way more TV than movies, Reese Witherspoon is another actress I love.

11.  Tell about the last time you cried because you were happy.
The other night Greg and I came home after going out to dinner and we were joking around about something and I was laughing so hard I had tears coming out of my eyes.


12.  What is your favorite season?
Fall for sure, but with the beginning of school and three boys playing football our falls are so busy these days, I don't get to enjoy the season as much.  I love the crisp fall air, the changing leaves, burning my Autumn Wreath Yankee Candle, getting Starbucks Peppermint Mocha and Pumpkin Spice Latte, and I love going to my happy place Door County, WI during the fall.

13.  What is your biggest regret?

Not getting back to Europe before I had kids.  I studied in Spain my sophomore year of college and traveled all over Europe.  My goal was to go back to Spain for the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona and instead I met a guy that summer and dated him for three years (not my husband).  I really wish I had traveled back to Europe, but I met my husband in 1995, bought a house and got married and then had my first son all within two years, so priorities changed.


14.  What food do you just NOT like at all?
I do not like raspberries, but I have started eating them a bit in some desserts.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST FOR MY TEACHER BLOG....

15. Who was your most memorable teacher, and why?
I had many memorable teachers.  My top two were my 1st grade teacher Mrs. Wochos.  She was such an amazing teacher and did so many cool things with us.  My third grade teacher was Miss Dougherty and then she got married and was Mrs Bohn.  I just idolized her and wanted to be her.  She was an amazing teacher and a beautiful woman.  It was in third grade that I new for sure I wanted to be a teacher.  I was blessed with some amazing teachers!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sherrie:
    SO nice to have you drop by my blog!

    I'm laughing at "N to the O!" Love that response!

    We are sooooo behind in math this year. I am trying to teach solid geometry and biased/unbiased samples and questions AND probability--all in the same week! Aaaahhhhhhhhhhh!

    Wishing you a happy week...

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sherrie. Your blog is so cute. Have fun at the Wilderness. Several years ago, we had the Tennessee Middle School conference there. It was crazy packed, but so much fun! Hope you all have a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Feel free to email me at luvbcd@yahoo.com with any questions you have.