Thursday, July 9, 2015

How to create a font using your own handwriting

A few months ago I discovered MyScriptFont.com.  It's a website that allows you to create a font using your own handwriting.

All you have to do is download the template (I do it in PDF form) and fill it in with your handwriting.  You can see below what mine looked like after I had filled it out.




Once that is done you need to upload the scanned image (I was able to do this right on my copy machine at school) when I made my last font.  I had to convert it to a jpg and then uploaded it.  

When I scanned if from my home scanner/printer it automatically saved it as a jpg.







Pick a clever name for your font.  I chose TTF as my output format (don't know the difference between that and OTF).

Then you can save your font to the font book on your computer as you do any other font.



Realize that if you try to use your font on your blog other people will not be able to see it if they don't have it downloaded, that's why I had to take a picture so you could see what my font actually looks like.  LOL Blogging is never quick and easy folks!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Feel free to email me at luvbcd@yahoo.com with any questions you have.