Friday, July 17, 2015

Five for Friday- July 17th

 

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her  Five for Friday linky party.  It's a great way to meet lots of new teachers.



Last Friday was my birthday and my husband and I went out to dinner at Joey Gerard's to celebrate. We shared two entrees and I got a complimentary birthday dessert. The food there is always excellent and we really enjoyed ourselves.

We split the Filet Mignon.


We also split the crab stuffed lobster.

Schaum torte is my favorite.




Sunday was my adorable nephew's 2nd birthday party.  My oldest son had a LAX tournament in IL so he and my husband were unable to attend.  My younger two had a blast hanging out with their cousins.  The party was so much fun and I cannot believe how big my sweet niece and nephew are getting.  Love spending time with all these kiddos and the rest of my family.

All the cousins minus my oldest son who was in IL for a LAX tourney.




Later that evening I had a two hour massage.  It was pure bliss.  Perfect way to end an incredible weekend.

My happy place.




The other night my middle son had his final baseball game of the season.  I was only able to see three games this season because of LAX or BB conflicts from my other two.  After the game we headed over to Sonic for some dinner.  We were in two cars because my husband coaches so he and Drew left much earlier than Ben, Cooper, and me.  I have to say that every time I order food from a drive through it is such a fiasco and this night was no exception.  We must have changed our order 6 times before we were done.

Separate cars meant we ordered separately.



Today was a momentous occasion in our household.  My oldest son Ben got his Driver's License this morning.  He turned 16 in Feb, but didn't take Drivers Ed until Jan, so he had to have his temps for 6 months before he could get his license.  I asked him why he didn't smile for his photo and he said, "If I ever get pulled over do you think I will be smiling?"  LOL The boys got a point!

A new driver in the family.
My parents graciously let us use their car for his test because I have a minivan with a back up camera and evidently you are not allowed to use it for the test.  Ben felt more comfortable parking with the smaller vehicle.  We met my parents for lunch at Cheesecake Factory and then exchanged back our vehicles.   I swear I took some photos with Ben and my mom, but after we left they were not on my phone.  I am completely baffled by what happened to the photos.  Luckily I took a few on her phone.  After lunch I took one with Ben and my dad (not realizing the ones with my mom were nowhere to be found).  I have to best parents in the world and they have always been so supportive of their children and grandchildren.  I hit the lottery of parents!


Best Papa in the world.

Our former next door neighbors (who we love) are in for the weekend visiting from NY.  This evening we have a birthday party for a dear friend of ours and will all be able to hang out.  I'm looking forward to an incredible evening.  We have the best time hanging out together and our boys are great friends. Ben has his final LAX tournament of the summer tomorrow and Sunday so it will be another busy, but super fun weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I found your blog through Five for Friday! That filet mignon and crab stuffed lobster look incredible! Two hour massage?! I've only ever had a one hour massage- apparently I'm missing out! Next time I'll have to ask about a 2 hour special!

    Jamie
    Life As I Know It

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Feel free to email me at luvbcd@yahoo.com with any questions you have.