Friday, August 1, 2014

Currently August


I am linking up with Farley for her August Currently.




Listening:  We are up north at my family's cabin and my boys are ready to head out and do some fishing on the Brule River with their cousins.  My middle son is obsessed with fishing and has really enjoyed getting a chance to fish on vacation.  We have been so busy with baseball all summer this was the first chance for the boys to go fishing.

Loving:  We have a one week window to take a vacation between the end of baseball season and the beginning of football season.  We spent five glorious days in Door County WI AKA my happy place and are now spending the weekend in Brule, WI where my family has a cabin.  I have not been up here for several years so it's been so nice to get back up here.  My husband and oldest two come up here every year for deer hunting season.  My dad completely remodeled the cabin and really it's more of a house than a cabin.

Thinking:  I finally took the plunge and joined Instagram.  I'm excited how easy it will be to post photos of all the happenings in my classroom.  I'm really looking forward to following other teachers and getting a peek into their classrooms.  You can follow me at luvbcd on Instagram.

Wanting:  I want to start the year off relaxed and prepared both at school and home.  I have lots of things I want to accomplish over the next three weeks.  I have had the most fun and relaxing vacation and I am ready to get myself motivated next week to get myself prepared.

Needing:  Starting next Monday it's all about Back To School Mode.  I have to register my youngest two for school and I have six hours of planning time for coteaching.  I will also have the typical post vacation tasks to accomplish: laundry, grocery shopping, menu planning, etc.

1st Day You and Kids:  August 27th for me.  We go back and have open house that same night.  Drives me absolutely crazy that they expect us to have our rooms all ready to go the first night back and we will no doubt have a bunch of meetings during that time.  No bueno!  Students start on Sept 2nd.









4 comments:

  1. Wow! I am so jealous of your start time back! Lucky!! My fiance is a 7th Grade Math Teacher, so I'm definitely following your blog now to give him ideas. :) Enjoy your last few weeks of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I were going fishing. What are the fishing for?

    I am with you about Back to School Mode!

    Found you through Currently and now following you...everywhere:) Can't wait to see your back to school posts.

    Brandi
    My Teacher Friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just got back from a little vacay at the coast. I loved listening to my daughter and niece have the best time. It's those family moments that are so cherished. Sounds like you are having a great time!
    The Techie Playground 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting into back to school mode is always the hardest! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Feel free to email me at luvbcd@yahoo.com with any questions you have.