This is Week 6 of the #mtboschallenge on twitter. The challenge is to blog once a week for the remainder of 2014. Each Saturday there will be a different prompt shared to blog about. The prompt will be shared prior to Saturday on twitter using #mtboschallenge You can link up on my blog (or any other blog that shares the link up). Also share your blog post on twitter with #mtboschallenge . You can copy the following graphic into your blog post. Each Sunday @druinok from Teaching Statistics will host a 3-2-1 Summary prompt where you can blog about anything you choose. Feel free to join the blogging challenge on either Saturday, Sunday, or both days. We really hope you join the challenge!
The prompt for this week is to blog about a favorite math related links, blogs, or websites. Please check all the blogs that link up and leave comments.
My favorite places to get ideas for my math classroom are Pinterest, Twitter, and other math blogs. Twitter is a great way for me to connect with other educators who help provide me with advice, inspiration, and encouragement.
Twitter Related Resources:
- My twitter @luvbcd
- List of math tweeps and blogs by category
- Twitter Math Camp Wiki
- Global Math Department
Other Favorite Resources:
- My Pinterest Board of Math Blogs
- Johnnie's Math Page
- Calculation Nation
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives
Rich Tasks: (copied from a previous blog post)
- My Pinterest Board on CCSS resources
- Illustrative Math Resources
- MARS : Mathematics Assessment Project
- Wonderful collection of resources for every standard
- IL State Board of Education CC Math Curriculum Units by Grade Level
- Robert Kaplinsky
- Utah Middle School Math Project
- Engage NY Math Lessons
- Open Ed Resource Catalog
- Ohio Model Curricula
- Dan Meyer's 3 Acts
- 101 Questions
- Tap into Teen Minds Three Act Math Tasks
- Yummy Math ($16/year)
- Mathalicious ($185/year, but they have a pay what you can option if you are paying out of pocket)
There are so many amazing websites available at no cost to give you ideas, activities, or inspiration. Hopefully you will find something helpful to you in one of the blog posts linked up today.
get the InLinkz code