Sunday, June 1, 2014

Currently June

I cannot believe that I only blogged once in May and that was my currently post. I am linking up with Farley for her June Currently


Listening:  My boys argue.  It's currently the soundtrack to my life.  What can I say?!

Loving:  That as of this Friday I am a free woman for the summer. For the first time in MANY MANY summers I do not have any formal training/grad classes/meetings to attend.  I need this summer time to regroup and focus on myself and my own family.  I deserve it and don't feel one bit guilty.

Thinking:  This is crunch time where I typically start to panic about everything that needs to be done to get my room organized and packed up.  By now I usually would have started spending many hours in the evening going back to school working on my room, however, this year my oldest son plays on the JV LAX team and he usually has three games on weeknights and my younger two play select BB that also have games during the week.  Needless to say due to the busyness of BB and LAX my extra time at school has been limited to working during the two hours my oldest two son's have LAX practice (which happens to be at my school).  The good news is that I am not feeling that crazy overwhelming, like I have been living at school the last month feeling.  The bad news is I'm not sure I'm as on track as I should be.  I want to enjoy these last days with my students and not start packing anything away until after school this Friday.  My students do not like when I start undecorating the classroom, many start to get sad or unfocused.

Wanting:  Some perfect gorgeous, not to hot summer weather.  I was at a LAX tourney all day Saturday and it was in the mid 80s which is a little warm for my blood.  I don't know how you southerners survive summer.  I can't stand it being that hot.  I know you don't understand how we stand the frigid winters, but we come inside and snuggle around a blazing fire with some hot chocolate.  Who wants to sit around in air conditioning all summer long?  Not me.

Needing:  I want to enjoy my last days with my students.  I have had another awesome school year and I have so many wonderful students I will dearly miss.  I want to spend the next week building more positive memories with them of how much fun 7th grade was!

Summer Bucket List:
1) Get house organized.  This is always on my list, forever and ever and never really gets finished.  We will see if this summer is any different.

2)  Get healthy.  I must start working out again this summer.  No excuses.  I also am looking forward to a summer of clean and healthy eating.  I love healthy food and summer is the perfect time to focus on the great fruits and veggies that are abundant everywhere.

3)  Have fun.  This is the first summer in years that I have no school related plans and I am thrilled.  I need a break to spend time having some fun and enjoying my boys who will be in 10th, 7th , and 3rd <sob> grade next year.  They are growing up so fast and I need to cherish these days.  I also need to have some fun for myself.  I spend all my time driving my boys around and watching their sports.  I want to do some fun things for myself.  I want to make sure I get together this summer with some of my friends that I don't get to see enough during my busy school year.  The theme of this summer is fun.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the weather! I've lived in both extremes, very hot and very cold, and I've learned that I am definitely the happiest when it is nice and cool outside. No hot weather for me, unless I'm at the beach! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last few days of school as well! You can feel the excitement of the impending summer, but also the sadness of leaving the classroom. Enjoy your summer of freedom!

    Sara :)
    The Colorful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY a free summer! Good luck with the bucket list!

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snap! I only blogged once in May as well & you guessed it, it was Currently. Enjoy Summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Feel free to email me at luvbcd@yahoo.com with any questions you have.