Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sunday 3-2-1 Summary Week 14 #mtboschallenge



It has been quite some time since I blogged.  I know I've fallen off the blogosphere because I didn't even do a November Currently post.  Who knows maybe I'll link up before the end of the month.  If you are interested in me bringing back the Saturday challenge prompt let me know in the comments and I may be inspired to start it back up this weekend.  It just seemed that not many people were linking up so if you have a prompt ideas share it with me and maybe I'll get it going again.  

School is going really well this year, but between that and three boys that all played football, fall was gone in the blink of an eye.  Lots of great things have been happening in my classroom and school and hopefully I will get the motivation to start doing some blog posts about them.  We are in our first year of SBG and I cannot even tell you how swamped I am constantly with everything assessment related.  I feel I'm in a constant loop of creating assessments, giving assessment, grading assessments, small group reteaching, reassessing, lather, rinse repeat.  If you are a teacher you know exactly what I'm talking about.  

I have not been as much time on twitter lately, but I do post on Instagram sometimes because it's so easy to upload a quick picture, you can follow me here if you want to keep track of what I'm up to.  I've been much more intentional this school year about making sure I'm putting my own family first and that has left little time for blogging and social media.  Hopefully I will find the ever elusive balance I am always seeking.


3-2-1 Sunday Summary:

Three things I'm excited about this week:
1)  I have my formal observation this Thursday.  I'm not excited about being observed, but I'm excited that as of Thursday afternoon it will be off my plate.  Amen!
2)  I am a board member for our education foundation and we have a meeting this Wednesday morning.  I'm excited because we are getting a tour of our High School renovation that is nearly complete.  I have seen little bits and piece of the renovations from meetings I have had there, but there is a lot I have not seen.  Looking forward to the tour.
3)  I'm excited 

Two things on my to-do list:
1)  Plan all the extras that go along with the two chapters I'm teaching this week: addition and subtraction of rational numbers for my Math 7 classes and multiplication and division of rational numbers for my Honors Math 7 class.  All the extras include everything beyond lesson planning and assessments: anchor charts, stations, small group lessons, math wall, and foldables.  So much more goes into planning that just prepping the lessons!
2)  Start planning for the holidays.  We are hosting Thanksgiving and I need to get everything organized and planned out for that.  My mom starts asking for our Christmas lists at the end of October and I need to get the boys and myself to get that done.  She likes to shop early.

One thing I'm thankful for:
I am thankful for the snow we got this weekend.  We just got a couple inches, but it was so nice to wake up Sat morning and see the gorgeous snow.  It snowed throughout the day and I was just snugged up in my warm cozy house watching TV Sat night.  There is something so magical to me about the first measurable snowfall of the year and I years we get to  have a white Thanksgiving.  Snow definitely gets me in the Thanksgiving/Christmas spirit.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Feel free to email me at luvbcd@yahoo.com with any questions you have.