Well I have finally been able to get into my classroom and start setting it up. I worked there Friday 10-4:30 and today 9:00-7:30. I did go out to lunch both days and take a break to drop off my oldest at football practice. I must say that I will not spend as much time as I did today because I was cranky and hungry by the time I got home tonight. I did accomplish quite a few things, but my room really looks like a disaster at the moment. Pictures will be coming soon.
I laminated some tagboard and then put duct tape around the edges for my homemade whiteboards. The first picture shows what it looked like when I wrote on it. The second picture shows what it looked like after I cleaned it. Putting the duct tape on was not easy and if you look closely you would see that I did not do a very good job. I do not think I am cut out for using duct tape after this little experiment. I am not sure how well these whiteboards will hold up. I a cheap generic dry erase marker to test this out so I am not sure if an Expo marker would clean up better.
|TA DA! I will not let the duct tape control me.|
|After I cleaned it.|