Saturday, March 2, 2013

Currently March

I am joining Farley for her  March Currently post.  It's a great way to connect with lots of awesome teacher bloggers and fun to see what everyone is up to.  Join the fun!



Listening:  My husband and I are on our annual weekend getaway to Madison.  My parents have the boys for the weekend so we are chaos free! Greg had to go down to his company meeting so I am chilling in the hotel room right now typing up this post.  Our hotel room is located on a busy road and our room faces the road so I can hear the sound of cars whizzing by.

Loving:  Greg surprised me yesterday that he had made dinner reservations at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Middleton.  We had the most delicious meal last night.  My favorite is their Spicy Lobster appetizer.  OMG is was amazing.  The whole dinner was phenomenal and we had the nicest, sweetest waiter.  It was and epic date night for sure.  After dinner we met up with one of Greg's coworkers and his wife and went out for drinks.  It was super fun to hang out with them again.

Thinking:  I'm trying to decide what I want to do with a free Saturday in Madison all by myself!  The possibilities are endless.  I can't believe I do not have to referee arguments and fights over who is sitting on what couch and then attend three different basketball games like I do every Saturday.  My first order of business is to decide Panera or Starbucks for breakfast.  A blissful day awaits me for sure!

Wanting:  I am really excited for my Amazon order to arrive.  I bought my oldest a new Otterbox for his bday (which was last month) and a 10 pack of thin Mr. Sketch markers, I did a blog post about all the books that were in my cart and I ordered ALL of them!  I already got my Teach Like a Pirate book, the rest of the order is coming Tuesday.  I will have plenty of reading material for our Spring Break trip to FL.

Needing:  I need to get over the fact that it is March 2nd and Spring Break is now less than four weeks away.  We told the boys the other night that we are going to FL and they went wild.  Cooper (my 7 yo) asked right away if we are going to Disney.  We will be staying with Greg's parents in the Villages and are thinking we will do a day trip to the Magic Kingdon.  I'm not a huge fan of  Disney (hate crowds), but I would like the boys to at least get to experience it.  We are going to be so busy with BB and LAX until we leave I am getting anxious just thinking about it.  If anyone has advice for a day trip to Disney or what to do/see near the Villages, let me know.  Also if anyone lives near the Villages and wants to meet up for a lunch or dinner let me know.

Like:  Sparkles.  I love anything sparkly or glittery, nail polish, make-up, clothes, headbands, shoes, you name it , I love sparkles.  I had a math class a few years ago that had a very challenging student (who I came to love) and when things would get crazy, I would say "sparkles' and smile.  It became our class inside joke and when I see those kids now (they are frosh) they still always mention sparkles!

Love:  Starbucks, that's self explanatory.  My favorites winter drink is peppermint soy mocha no whip. I also love their passion iced tea lemonade unsweetened.  I have found a way to replicate that drink and I drink it all the time year round.  If I forget to make a batch of the tea and have to go to school without my passion iced tea lemonade I know my day is going to be long and boring drinking plain old water.

Hate:  Stupidity.  I mean the kind where people pretend they don't know something so they can get out of work or avoid a conflict.  I have zero tolerance for it.

6 comments:

  1. can't believe you are linking up from the hotel room... WOW... thanks
    and I know the feeling of waiting for the Amazon package to arrive... I got their Amazon Prime so it shows up in 2 days :) it is worth it!!!
    enjoy your day in Madison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi~
    I found you through Farley's linky party! I am with you on the Starbuck's love! They are my fave!!

    Jen
    Jen's Kinder
    Kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sparkles too! Some of my favorite sparkles are my Tom's Glitters...sparkle and comfort is a rare find together! :)

    Love your cute blog!

    Jessica
    The Polka-dotted Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your explanation of stupidity - that is a great one! Enjoy your day of freedom!

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you would say Sparkles! I may have to try that!
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you through Farley's Currently, and I'm so glad! I love your blog - and coffee, too, so I'm totally with you on Starbucks. :) I think I may be your newest follower and I can't wait to read more. I hope you had an amazing weekend get away!
    Stephanie
    Middle School Matters Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Feel free to email me at luvbcd@yahoo.com with any questions you have.