Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I'm getting there...

At least that's what I keep telling myself.  :)  It's getting down to the wire here for getting myself and my classroom ready for the start of school.  I don't "officially" start preservice days until next Wednesday, but we have our open house that night and I really hope to have my classroom mostly done before that.  I am sure you all know how difficult to get your room set-up with all the meetings during preservice days.

Yesterday I spent the whole day at school as part of a leadership team data retreat where we set our school improvement goal for the 2012-2013 school year.  It was the first time I was ever part of the data retreat and we had a great group of teachers, counselors, and administrators working together to plan our school roll-out for PD this year.

I have been spending quite a bit of time in my classroom lately working on getting everything organized and set up.  I did some major revamping again this year and so far I love the changes I have made.  I can't wait until a week from tonight when Open House is done and I will feel a sense of relief with my room being all done.

Here are a few photos I snapped today while I was working on my room.  I got my back shelves, desk, and computer table set up.  The rest of the room is pretty much a disaster at the moment.  But as many of you know, things have to get worse before they can better when setting up your classroom.  My classroom set-up style is definitely to spread everything out everywhere and create chaos before I can bring it all together.  Now at least when I go in tomorrow I can sit in by little corner and feel calm amidst the chaos.



Back shelves

Teacher desk and computer table

My little corner.  The filetastic is from Mardel.

I can't believe I am starting back a week from today.  I have been so busy trying to print things out, getting things laminated and cut out, and finish up my focus wall and getting my room arranged and organized.  So many teachers have already been teaching for a week or two, or more.  That's just crazy!

Hope all of you who are back to school have had a wonderful start.  I will be spending the next few days in my classroom.  I will share more photos as I finished getting things put up and arranged.

3 comments:

  1. oOO I love love love your classroom and teachers desk! I'm Primary Trained and taught year 6, but now teaching middle school/ high school, sometimes I don't even have the same classroom which makes is so sad for the students to not have a nicely decorated room!
    Thank you for inspiring me to fix up what parts of my room I can! =]
    Liz - BaysideTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog and have gotten so many great ideas from you! I gave you a shout out in my (very new) blog today - thanks for being so inspiring!

    www.theteacherwhohatedmath.blogspot.com

    Brittany

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Feel free to email me at luvbcd@yahoo.com with any questions you have.